Thursday, January 06, 2011

Eleven Months Old


Our sweet baby girl is now almost one year old! She is a very busy girl and spends a lot of her time cruising along the couch or the fireplace. P.Bibby loves her toys but I think she loves her siblings even more. Whenever she hears or sees them her little face lights up and she starts squealing. She also loves other babies and kids and has the same reaction for them. Although she seems to be social with younger people, this month has brought out a bit of separation anxiety and she's become much more clingy with me. It's also been a busy month with a lot more parties and people and weird scheduling, so I'm sure that hasn't helped her feel very relaxed.


This month she has been busy growing and developing. She has three teeth now, two on top and one on the bottom. P. Bibby has also learned how to clap, how to sign and say 'more' (sometimes), and how to squeal when she doesn't like something. She's also figure out how to crawl on her hands and knees and will do it pretty frequently. After ten months of a generally pleasant attitude she finally has realized that she can have opinions, so this month we've been treated to some squealing and whining when we don't let her do things like mash bananas in her hair or eat her brother's shoes. She loves feeding herself but will still sometimes tolerate us feeding her. Thankfully P. Bibby really loves bathtime because self-feeding is very messy.


I didn't post this on Monday because I wanted to wait until after her eye appointment today. For several months we have noticed her left eye looking strange so I scheduled an appointment with a pediatric eye doctor. Today he determined that her eye is actually fine, but the bones in her skull and face seem to be out of shape. This could be due to the fact that she has spent several months sleeping on the left side of her face (due to sucking her right hand) or it could just be a random thing that sometimes happens as babies grow. When the doctor pointed it out, I could really see how the left side of her face looks different from the right side. We made an appointment next week to get a CAT scan and a consultation at Primary Children's, so we'll know more then. Thankfully she is still generally happy and healthy, and we are having lots of fun with her. This isn't the best picture of her, but you can see her face and her bottom tooth:



2 comments:

AmyH said...

Your baby girl is darling, as are all your children! Your mother alerted me to your upcoming visit to Primary Children's. I hope that all goes well and that P is just showing up with a "variant of normal". I send my love to you and your family!
-Amy Henderson

FoxyJ said...

Thanks Amy! We'll be posting updates on here so you can find out what's going on. Good to 'see' you :)